![]() |
| MY SUPERFANTASTIC NEW DESK |
Alright. After scouring the kijiji ads, second hand stores, Staples, Walmart and every other gosh-darn store in Moncton, I have come up empty handed. As you read previously, I was working on a new desk for my office. The mission was cheap as possible and indestructible. I have gone through three crappy desks in the past 2 or so years and I am sooooo tired of replacing them every time I turn around. So... what I came up with was the old door/filing cabinet trick. However, I was uninformed as to how much a filing cabinet actually costs...if you can even find one... in the colour and size that you need. The closest we came was $137 at Staples and it would take about a week to get here.
No. That simply won't do.
The solution, dear friends? A super-handy husband that figured out a way to bolt/screw/fasten/whatever the other end of the desk/door to the wall. I now have a terrific, cute, sturdy, super big desk to work at. And all for the bargain price of about $15. The door (about 7 feet long and 2.5 feet wide) we found at a second hand building supplies store, "Happy Harry's", the file cabinet was ours to begin with, and the brackets and fasteners were about $5. Not bad,eh! I'm so happy with how it turned out.
And... do you know what the best thing is about this desk? I still have plenty of money left to place another MAC order. ;^)
Lipstick kisses & eyeshadow dreams,

No comments:
Post a Comment