Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh Max...

Oh, Max.....  Heavenly Father of Makeup.... where have all the pretty makeup bottles gone?  I remember even as a child the makeup containers were prettier..more elaborate than the plastic crap that they market today.  I bet they never broke as easily as our flimsy pots and tubes do now either.  How many eyeshadow pans have lost their covers in your makeup drawers?  How many times has a lipstick tube come open in your purse?  Oh, Max... where have all the pretty containers gone?  The gilded lipstick cases?  The pearlized powder compacts??  It's enough to depress a girl.  
How many times have you found
one of these broken in your drawer?

Mark has been in tune lately with my whining and lamenting...well about makeup anyways... and for Christmas he jumped on eBay and found some beautiful vintage Max Factor compacts from what seems to be the fifties or sixties.  They are so pretty.  
Take a look.  

Why are we settling for this.....
My lovely gift from Mark.  Max Factor circa 1960.
.......when we really deserve this????

Max lipstick compact.
Max lipstick compact...inside.
I don't know about you...but I am yearning for the days when I could buy a pretty bottle of something and keep it forever on my vanity table.  Nobody ever just tossed out their packaging as they do now.  It would've been too much of a waste of such a pretty thing.  And didn't you just feel prettier when it came out of such a lovely vessel?

Max really knew that beauty indeed came from a bottle.


Debby the Makeup Artist


No comments:

Post a Comment